Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Stitch Fix Review - Nov. 2014

Hey ladies! (This blog post is for you...or possibly some amazing person that would make the big effort to fill out a style profile and purchase this for their significant other or friend)!

Ever heard of Stitch Fix?
If not, it is an personal shopper website that is super convenient and fun. You fill out a thorough style profile (sizes, style preferences, likes and dislikes, etc) and you can leave your stylist a personal note asking for a specific item or a style you are wanting to try. What is great about Stitch fix is that you can link your Pinterest board, Twitter, and Linkedin for your stylist to look at and get a better sense of who you are. I give my stylist direct links to pictures of outfits I like and they do their best to send you something close from their inventory.

I just received my 5th Stitch Fix box in the mail. I have my boxes coming every 2-3 weeks (you can also choose monthly). I thought I would make my photos festive with my Christmas Tree I already put up. I was excited. Plus recieving a Stitch Fix box is kinda like getting a Christmas gift every month...so It's fitting. (See what I did there? haha)
Here is what the box looks like:



Every Stitch Fix box includes a prepaid envelope to send back any items you do not want FOR FREE!! It's so convenient. I love it. Also, your stylist includes a note and photos of outfit ideas for the items she sends. Every box includes 5 items, usually 4 apparel and 1 accessory item (necklace, scarf, bag, etc).



This month I let my stylist know I was heading to Portland for Thanksgiving and would like some warmer/fall pieces of clothing to wear there! This stylist (Stephanie) really listened when I asked for a soft plaid scarf and those aztec printed cardigans I see everywhere now!



You also receive a list of the retail price of each item. Every box is a $20 styling fee. If you keep 1 or more items you minus $20 from the retail price! So it is an incentive to keep at least 1 item so you don't lose your $20! If you love and purchase all 5 items you get 25% off! 

Stephanie included 4 apperal items and a plaid scarf I asked for in this Stitch Fix box. 
My November 2014 box included:
1. Viper Plaid Split Neck Blouse (Red Plaid flowy shirt)
2. Faye Skinny Gray Skinny Jean
3. Galvin Short Sleeve French Terry Gray Dress
4. Shelbie Graphic Knit Aztec Printed Gray) Cardigan
5. Alpine Plaid Wrap Multicolored Scarf

I love trying on all the pieces and deciding what to keep and send back. 



She did include a lot of gray in this box, so I will probably note that or check gray as a color to not include in my style profile on StitchFix.com. It is VERY important that you write feedback about each piece when you check out on StitchFix.com. That way the stylists will get to know you better each time and pick out pieces you will love. 

1. 
I know I wont be keeping the Viper Plaid Split Neck Blouse (Red Plaid flowy shirt because it isn't my style. It is very large and flowy. I don't like oversized shirts that hang on me. It isn't flattering. The shirt was also pretty low cut. 

2. 
I won't be keeping theFaye Skinny Gray Skinny Jeans because they were a bit expensive and also too long. They fit my waist but seemed to be the length for a taller person. The jeans scrunched up too much which gives an illusion that I'm shorter than I really am. 

3. 
I appreciated her picking out the Galvin Short Sleeve French Terry Gray Dress. It is very different and I liked that it had pockets, had interesting asymmetrical detail, and was a sweater type fabric for autumn.  Unfortunately, I just didn't like the fit. It was a bit odd. I felt like I was wearing a potato sack that became tight around my thighs. I would suggest this dress for someone else and could see them wearing it with cute leggings. 

4. 
I am currently on the fence abut the Shelbie Graphic Knit Aztec Printed Gray/Black) Cardigan. I like the print, but it is a bit thinner fabric than I wish it were. It is also a little long on me. So I am going to compare to another sweater I will be getting soon and decide to keep it or not. It is very cute though!

5. 
I definetely will keep the Alpine Plaid Wrap Multicolored Scarf! It's very soft and long. I recently found one at Target I love, so I will either keep this scarf for myself or give it as a Christmas gift. ;)

I have 3 days to decide and send back the items I do not want. 

As always, I'm already looking forward to my next stitch fix box. I will have to think about what to put in my note for things I'd like to include in my next fix!

If you are interested in ordering a Stitch Fix box please use my referral code! 

Please let me know if you give it a try and what you think! =) 


No comments :

Post a Comment