Saturday, November 1, 2014

Iris Grace Paintings

Well Hello There,

So, I've fallen in love with this little girl named Iris Grace.


If you haven't heard of her or noticed her sudden fame on the internet (Ashton Kutcher and Zooey Deschanel have tweeted about her recently). Iris Grace is a 5 year old English lady with the extraordinary talent of painting. She is Autistic and struggles with talking and many other things we take for granted every day. But, I've noticed that many Autistic children tend to have a super power. Iris Grace has the super power of expressing herself through painting. At 3 years old, her parents tried painting as a therapy and noticed her incredible ability to paint in a style far beyond her years.

You can buy a print of her paintings and auction for originals on her website:
http://irisgracepainting.com/

Her Mother, Arabella handles all the orders herself. You can email her at:  irisgracepainting@yahoo.com
If you would like to order some Giclee prints email us with the name of the painting and the size that you would like.  Please include your full name and address. For payments we accept cheques, Bank Transfer or PayPal. Prices start at £38.00.
Here is the page for you to look at the MANY paintings by Iris Grace. It was INCREDIBLY difficult for me to choose just 1 to purchase. She currently has 63 paintings to choose from!!!!!!
http://irisgracepainting.com/paintings/ 

I purchased a Giclee Print of "Blossom in the Wind" in a 33cm x 44.5cm. (They are British so all their prices are in Pounds and dimensions are in Metric).  A Giclee print, I just learned, is "the very latest in art printing technology with fully calibrated photo-scanning, processing and printing equipment, they pay fastidious attention to colour balancing to ensure extremely accurate reproduction," according to her website. Here are the sizes of prints you can purchase:
55cm x 75cm (same size as the original 21.65 inches x 29.52 inches) £127.00
42cm x 56.5cm (16.53 inches x 22.24 inches) £92.00
50cm x 50cm (19.68 inches x 19.68 inches) £92.00
33cm x 44.5cm (12.99 inches x 17.51 inches) £57.00
23cm x 31cm (9.05 inches x 12.20 inches) £38.00
Arabella emailed me 6 days after I requested my painting and greeting cards. I paid through PayPal and 3 days later she sent my painting off to be printed. They are printed "made-to-order" style. My cards were shipped out the next day and arrived within a week. I LOVE THEM! You can buy 1 for 2£, a pack of 8, or a pack of 16 comes with free shipping, so I purchased 16!




Twelve days later Arabella emailed me letting me know my print was packaged it would be sent the next day. (She did not include any tracking information on either order). A week later I received a long cardboard triangular tube with my BEAUTIFUL painting!
(So it took about 1 month from emailing my request to receiving my painting at home)



Arabella includes a certificate with your painting name, original or print, medium & material type, and dimensions of your painting. Fancy! It's so legit.


The Iris Grace Gift Shop also sells:
2015 Calendar
Spiral Notebooks
Canvas Wrapped Prints
Keychains
Coffee Mugs
Tote Bags
Mouse Pads
Clocks
Puzzel
Small Bag Wristlet 
iPhone 4 case
iPad case
Pillows
Necklaces
Kitchen Towels
Playing Cards
Naturally, I want everything. 

Oh, and Iris Grace has the most incredible therapy cat I have ever seen. Her name is Thula (pronounced Too-la). 



Note from her website:
We wanted to share her art to raise awareness of her condition and inspire other families in similar situations to ours. Autism is currently affecting around 100,000 children in the UK and these numbers are rising. All profits from the sales of her art and products will go towards more art materials and her on going private therapists. www.irisgracepainting.com
 I recommend checking out her website and looking at her incredible paintings. I'm sure you'll fall in love with them and her (and Thula!) just like I did.

No comments :

Post a Comment