Friday, September 27, 2013

My Washi Tape Wall


Hi again!

Remember I said I'd have another project to post using Washi Tape? This is it!

What is Washi Tape, you ask? (I didn't know either...until recently).

Washi 和紙 is a style of Japanese paper tape that started in Japan, but manufacturing has now spread throughout the world. Washi comes from wa meaning Japanese and shi meaning paper, and the term is used to describe paper made in the traditional manner, regardless of where it’s manufactured.


It is really growing in popularity. Washi tape comes in so many colors and patterns. I bought a Washi Tape Pack from Cutetape.com. Also, Etsy.com has many shops selling Washi Tape as well. You can use Washi tape for decorating just about anything because, like masking tape, it is not permanent. Many people use it for wrapping presents as well.


I bought the Classiky Washi Tape 12 pack because I loved the variety of colors. I found inspiration to use it on my wall from this lady's blog: annkelle.com. I love her site! It's so bright and colorful...which is right up my alley.


Like her, I did not plan out the color order. I liked the randomized colors. She also pointed out that washi Tape is very forgiving. So true. It stays sticky even if you have to peel it off a few times to get it straight. It isn't rip-able like regular masking tape. I used scissors to cut the ends. 


I love how my wall turned out! It brings a splash of color to my room without the commitment of paint.  It's a great way of decorating an apartment! I'm already planning on using my Washi tape in other parts of my apartment, if my roommate gives me permission. ;)



2 comments :