Sunday, September 7, 2014

Perfectly Pinterest Party | DIY Geo Curtain Backdrop


Happy Birthday To Me!!!

I decided to have a Big Ol' Picnic and BBQ style birthday party at Weddington Park in Studio City. I was inspired my this Geo-Curtain Photo Backdrop I saw on Pinterest. This couple used a HUGE one for their unconventional Valentine's Day wedding. You can buy the curtain off Etsy, but I decided to make my own for a much cheaper cost. 

First I found the Geo-triangle shape I needed from this lady's wonderful blog: http://www.kristimurphy.com/blog/mothers-day-diy

1. Print the triangle printable onto card stock paper (bought from Michael's) in the colors of your liking.
2. Cut out the triangle shapes and folder them along all the dotted lines.


3. Use a clear string to hang the geo shapes from. I used a clear stretchy string used for making bracelets from Michaels. Fishing line could also work. I measured out 8 foot long strands and made them all somewhat different lengths so my backdrop would have a random pattern going on.


4. Tie knots where you want your geo shapes to hang from. I spaced my triangles out at all different lengths like the one pictured on Etsy
5. This part takes practice! I figured out which order of I should glue the sides down so the string went straight through the middle of the triangles while resting on the knot that I had tied. I used a hot glue gun so it would dry instantly. 


 6. I made about 12 strands with all different color orders and spacing. 
7. I found a tree near my picnic tables to hang the strands about 4 inches apart to create my photo booth backdrop. 



It turned out really well and everyone loved it!


 =)




No comments :

Post a Comment