Sunday, June 26, 2011

Finally settling in

June 26, 2011

After a really rough week of figuring out my living situation I have finally settled down. I am currently staying with another Academy intern, Andrea, in Westwood near UCLA. The area is really nice and full of UCLA students. I will be staying here for the next 3-4 weeks before I move into Alyssa's apartment in Glendale. I want to give a huge thanks to Brittany Margaritis for putting me in touch with her friend Alyssa. She has agreed to let me stay in her 1 bedroom apartment while she is gone filming in Alaska for a few months. I just met with her today and saw her cute little apartment. I can't wait to stay there and get a new feel of L.A. by living in a whole new area.

But, lets rewind a few days. 
Before I moved out of the boy's apartment in West Hollywood, Kevin took me on a hike at Runyon Canyon Park. There are three routes to hike Runyon Canyon from the Fuller Gate - Runyon Canyon Road (easy), the Star Trail (medium), and the Hero Trail (difficult).
First we decided to go up the steep incline dirt path with railroad-tie steps on the Star Trail. We made it up to the mid-level Inspiration Point and descended down the east ride of the Clouds Rest paved road.
Each point has an incredible view of the entire city, very similar to the views from the Griffith Observatory. (They are both located in the Santa Monica Mountains). There were SO many people there hiking, walking, running, and many, many dogs. It is a great place to take your dog. There are so many hills and mountains in L.A. I wanted to go hiking, and was able to knock that off my list in just a few days. I want to adventure on new trails in all different areas now.

The Academy interns and I found out that we are part of film group screenings in the The Leonard H. Goldenson Theatre. It's pretty big and is equipped to project 16, 35 and 70mm film as well as video, delivering high-end audio through an advanced JBL sound system. The theater has great seating, and lots of room for your legs. It has a huge red curtain in front of the screen with 2 huge Emmy statues on both sides. Each week, 2 to 3 films are shown in the theater. They are movies that have been out in the public theaters for 1-2 weeks. Last night Andrea and I went to see The Hangover Part II with 2 other interns, Zac and Jason. (It was hilarious). After the movie all of us went to Denny's and met up with another intern Minh Vu. We had a great time getting to know each other and hearing about each of our internships.

WELL! I start my internship tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. It is going to give me something to do each day, which I love. I will keep you posted on how my first day goes and all the things I will be doing each day. =)

No comments :

Post a Comment