Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Magazine Frame

Ello Friends!

I've made a few magazine frames in my day. I included a few in a couple Christmas presents this past year. They are quite easy to make, but they do require a solid collection of magazines.
Example of the final product. 


I flip through many, many magazines to collect a rainbow of color choices. Colorful to Black and white pages with only words. More variety the better! It's important to look along the edges of the pages because that is what shows up once it is rolled. You may discover cool designs the pages create when they are rolled up. Be Creative! Have fun with it. All you need is scissors and glue. It takes a bit of practice to roll up the pages. Choose a corner and roll the page. I take a glue stick to the opposite corner and roll it up so the page stays rolled. 

I bought a plain black frame from Target for like 5 bucks. I like to buy ones with a thick frame so I can create a big colorful frame to surround my picture. I use a glue stick on the magazine paper and liquid glue on the picture frame itself. It's simple, choose the color you want to glue down next and press the magazine roll onto the frame. I continue working on different edges of the frame as it dries. 

Ta Da! 
Another example of the final product. 
You are guaranteed numerous compliments from all your friends. 


No comments :

Post a Comment