Thursday, June 4, 2015

RocksBox Review



My Facebook knows me so well... It advertises lots of subscription box services because it clearly knows I love trying them. RocksBox has popped up many times over the past year so I finally gave it a try! 

RocksBox is a jewelry subscription box that mails you premium jewelry for you to wear on loan or buy at a discounted price. Their idea is to enhance your style with an ever-rotating selection of jewelry, chosen for you, and sent directly to your door.

You can return your Rocksbox pieces anytime and as often as you like. Every set has 3 pieces of designer jewelry, worth an average of $200 per set.

Subscription Price: $19/mo
On their website you fill out a style profile letting them know the types of jewelry you like and want to receive. You then can 'like' actual pieces (rings, bracelets, earrings, & necklaces) and add them to your wishlist. Most people receive an item from their wishlist plus 2 other pieces hand picked by a Rocksbox stylist.


 I liked my personalized name as soon as I opened the Box!


Earrings: Kendra Scott | Dee Earrings in Cobalt Cat's Eye | Original Price: $45 | RocksBox Price: $36

I have heard of Kendra Scott and I know this brand is nice, but I wasn't digging these earrings. I love blue, don't get me wrong, but I knew I'd never wear these. They are a bit too long for my taste. I learned that I'm picky-er about earrings than I ever knew!
 

 
Earrings: House of Harlow 1960 | Trapezio Drop Earrings | Original Price: $68 | RocksBox Price: $54

These earrings are not my style. I thought they were pretty ugly right out of the box.  I thought they were heavy and gaudy. =\

 Necklace: Gorjana | Lula Pyramid Necklace | Original Price: $110 | RocksBox Price: $88

If I had to choose a favorite piece it would be the Gorjana Necklace. I actually already own another Gorjana necklace from styling my Stitch Fix boxes. This brand is really nice, but kinda expensive. I thought the necklace was a great layering piece, but I just wasn't excited about it.

So overall my 1st RocksBox was not a home run. I believe they will get better with time after they learn my style and start including pieces from my wishlist. So I'll be returning this entire box tomorrow and hoping for some pieces that match my style within the next 2 weeks.


Drusy stone necklace
 I'm currently OBSESSED with this stone called "Drusy." Have you heard of it?! I never have, but its a gorgeous sparkly stone that I've seen on necklaces, earrings, and bracelets lately. They seem to be available in every color. I added many drusy stone items to my wishlist and I hope to receive one in my next RocksBox. =)


If you are interested in trying out RocksBox please use my
Referral Code: ashleybff772
Thank you!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment