Monday, July 11, 2011

Welcome to Fro-Yo Land!

 July 11, 2011

Sorry people, its been awhile since my last post. I've been trying to
think about what to blog about...Sadly, I cannot talk about most of what I do at my internship because of the confidentiality contract I signed. But! I will suggest that you watch The Real World: San Diego Season 26 (yes, 26 freakin seasons) and Project Runway Season 9 because I have worked on both shows so far this summer!!! (I'm not sure the release date for The Real World just yet...I'm predicting it will be sometime late September. I'll keep you updated when I find out).

So, the second day I was in Los Angeles my good friend Adam Raque explained how Frozen Yogurt is kinda big here. That was an understatement...
People are OBSESSED.
There are so many frozen yogurt places here, it is insane. So far I have seen all of these ^^^^
These are just the big name frozen yogurt places around Los Angeles, so I'm not even counting the smaller Mom & Pop joints. So far I have only tried Yogurtland. Instead of frozen yogurt I have discovered an awesome ice cream place in The Village. For those of you IU students, The Village is pretty much UCLA's Kirkwood. Since I am staying in Westwood, which is right in front of the UCLA campus I walk around The Village quite often. My roommate Andrea told me about this ice cream placed called Diddy Riese. Apparently, I am not the only one that loves Diddy Riese because the entire Westwood neighborhood is there every night. Seriously, the line to this ice cream place stretches so far you wait a solid 30 minutes or more. The main reason everyone loves this place is because it is SO CHEAP. They are known for their cookie ice cream sandwich. You choose your 2 cookies and ice cream to create your delicious ice cream delight for only $1.50. (Those prices are rare in L.A.)
You can check out their website here: http://www.diddyriese.com/home.php

Side note: If I officially move and work in Los Angeles I plan on buying a new, shorter car asap. Parking my long Nissan Maxima is not easy. I wish I had a Smart Car or Mini Cooper every time I am searching for a parking spot for over 10 minutes in my own apartment neighborhood. Frustrating. L.A. and Bloomington have 2 things in common: Horrible parking and traffic. Los Angeles is just amplified 20x.

1 comment :